Looking for Auditors It’s a 100% audits for HUD/Low Income Housing Tax Credits. Email your resume to Peter J Sinambal, CPA of Sinambal & Reyes, CPA’s., Inc at CPApetersinambal@aol.com
TAX PREPARERS WANTED
If interested, please send resume to Jingyi Li at email@example.com. MUST be current with license, insurance and bond.
ACCOUNTING INTERNS WANTED
If interested to intern at one of our Member's CPA Offices, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT SUSTAINABLE CONSERVATION
Sustainable Conservation helps California thrive by uniting people to solve the toughest challenges facing our land, air, and water. Every day, we bring together business, landowners, and government to steward the resources on which we all depend in ways that make economic sense. Because we know that common ground is California’s most important resource.
Sustainable Conservation is proud of its long track record of success in advancing tangible, lasting benefits for California’s environment and people.
For more information about Sustainable Conservation, please visit http://www.suscon.org.
The Controller/Director of Finance will be responsible for oversight of all finance, accounting and reporting activities, and will lead all day-to-day finance operations of a $5 million budget.
The Controller/Director of Finance reports to the Executive Director, whose own strong financial management skills support an effective partnership. This position also works in close partnership with other Directors as part of the Senior Leadership Team. Additional consulting support is available if needed.
· Supervise the staff accountant performing transactional accounting, payroll, benefits administration, and financial reporting.
· Coordinate and direct financial planning and budgeting, including the annual organizational budget, multi-year plans, and grant proposal budgets.
· Develop internal control policies, procedures and guidelines for activities such as budget administration, cash and credit management, and accounting.
· Prepare or direct preparation of financial statements, reports, and forecasts for internal and external stakeholders.
· Analyze financial information to support decision making.
· Ensure compliance with policies, laws, and regulations, including coordination of annual audit and preparation of IRS Form 990.
· Manage cash and investments.
· Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, government regulations, and accounting standards.
· Five plus years of related experience, ideally in a nonprofit setting.
· Bachelor’s and CPA, MBA or other advanced degree preferred, or additional high-level experience without a degree.
· Knowledge of mathematics, economics, business management, and generally accepted accounting principles for nonprofit organizations.
· Strong critical thinking, judgment, problem-solving, time management, and priority setting.
· Demonstrated technology skills, including accounting software, spreadsheets, word processing, databases, and cloud-based tools. Experience with selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors a plus.
· Proficiency in written and oral communication, including good listening.
· Ability to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels, including non-finance managers.
· Ability to work well with others as part of a team.
WHAT WE OFFER
Sustainable Conservation offers a competitive compensation package based on experience, along with excellent, fully paid health insurance (medical, dental, vision, life, LTD), plus a generous match on 401k. We offer vacation, sick leave, holidays, and the week off between Christmas and New Year’s Day. Our best benefit is our culture! Our talented staff is collaborative and caring, dedicated, and committed to our mission. We work hard and we support each other. We also think outside the box and support work practices that enhance our well-being, from attention to ergonomic needs to flexible telecommuting arrangements.
Sustainable Conservation welcomes diversity and is committed to providing equal employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other characteristic protected under federal or state law.
TO APPLY: Please send resume and cover letter to Jobs@suscon.org; Please also include “Controller/Dir of Finance” in the Subject line.